The ultimate aim of the discipline created by Professor Tomatis is to accede to the listening posture.
This means knowing how to control the tensions of the stirrup and hammer muscles – the first controlling the tension within the inner ear and the second the tension of the ear drum.The former is the smallest muscle in the human body and the latest to appear in the line of extensors. Tomatis believed that we all have to become athletes of this muscle.
To succeed it is essential to respect the stages Tomatis marked out in a well-delimited progression :
1) the audio-vocal sessions reinforce the work of the musculature of the middle ear. These sessions should be effected with analogue recordings and include “passive” sessions of music (Mozart and Gregorian) or a foreign language to be integrated as well as “active” sessions of reading aloud with a microphone to reinforce the audio-vocal loop of control of language and the voice by the right ear.
2) the practice of audio-vocal exercises regrouped under the heading of Accelerated Listening Training™ (ALT) because this is unmistakably a training.
Together the audio-vocal exercises accelerate and reinforce the effect of the sessions. They also take over from the machine using the subject’s own voice as a “dynamo” for the brain. Thus by talking or singing well one can at the same recharge oneself and one’s listener.
These exercises focus on :
– reading out loud
– posture, the acquisition of verticality
– breathing adapted to the vocal output
– the placing of the spoken and singing voice (learning the emission of sounds through bone conduction)
– the listening posture
These exercises are taught initially during the the programme of audio-vocal sessions then more fully during the audio-vocal courses.
Audio-psycho-phonology does not limit itself, as is often believed and practised, to the audio-vocal sessions. These are just a preparation for the audio-vocal exercises which will give each person independence from the machine, so as to become responsible, free and active in their progression towards better listening.
It is therefore essential that an increased number of people become familiar with these exercises and are able to teach them and all the more so in an age where we are bombarded with sounds of poor quality, which decharge and tire the organism and block progress.
It is a case of being prepared on a daily basis to practise gymnastics of the middle ear, just as a physio recommends walking and exercising one’s muscles each day. We thus become an athlete of our ears…
This training is particularly designed for therapists and teachers.
A preparatory interview (by Skype or Facetime if distance is a problem) is necessary to discern the motivations of each participant and the eventual application of the audio-vocal techniques in the context of the professional activity exercised.
Training schedule :
Pre-training requirements :
– Opening audio-psycho-phonological assessment + minimum of 12 days of individual sessions + listening test & consultation : 65€+ (12*70€)+45€=885€ (only for those who have not had audio-vocal sessions in the past)
– 4 half-days of audio-vocal course (placing of the voice) : 450 €
Initial training (IT)
– 5 half-days : initial training in the ALT™ exercises : 400 €
Course contents :
– History and applications of audio-psycho-phonology. Questions/answers.
– Anatomy and et fonctionnement de l’oreille. L’oreille et la voix : les lois Tomatis.
– Rôle de l’oreille droite. Qu’est-ce qu’être à droite. Comment être et rester à droite.
– Importance de la posture, exercices pratiques : Posture et respiration. Le placement de la voix. Les exercices ALT™.
– La lecture à haute voix, théorie et pratique. Comment exercer ses oreilles dans la vie quotidienne et les protéger des agressions sonores.
Lieux de la Formation :
Pour les séances : Versailles ou Morgins
Pour les cours audio-vocaux : Morgins (voir en-dessous)
Pour la formation (FI) : Morgins
Dates de la formation :
For the sessions Versailles or Morgins : see planning des stages
Pour les cours audio-vocaux et la formation initiale (FI) à Morgins :
du 21 au 25 mai 2018 : cours audio-vocal
du 28 mai au 1er juin 2018 : FI
du 11 au 15 juin 2018 : cours audio-vocal
du 18 au 22 juin 2018 : FI
du 3 au 7 septembre 2018 : cours audio-vocal
du 10 au 14 septembre 2018 : FI
du 1er au 5 octobre 2018 : cours audio-vocal
du 8 au 12 octobre 2018 : FI
Pour les formations ultérieures ou toute autre demande : contactez-nous directement.